Need Inspiration?

Not sure where to start? Contact us now to get your Trans-Siberian adventure started

Call Us Now

UK +44(0)20 8816 8925

Working Hours

Monday - Friday 09:00 am - 17:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday CLOSED
Call +44 (0)20 8816 8925  to speak to a consultant who has travelled the Trans-Siberian

Visa & Vaccinations For Russia

Please note that the advice on this page is subject to change without notice and you should always check yourself before you travel

Visa Requirements For Russia

The Russian visa has a reputation of being hard to obtain but with the right paperwork and a properly completed visa application form it is quite straightforward. The key is having the correct Russian Visa Support documents. These consist of two pieces of paper known as a “Standard Confirmation” and “Voucher” which confirm your itinerary and details in Russian and English. We provide these for all clients booking with us. The dates on a Russian visa are fixed and it is very important you do not overstay a visa (under staying is fine). Common to most visas, you need 6 months validity on your passport as well as 1 blank page (some embassies ask for two blank facing pages) and you can apply up to 3 months before your trip start date. We recommend using a visa agent for your application and have teamed up with CIBT VisaCentral – more information on that can be found by clicking here.

Vaccination Advice For Russia

There are no compulsory vaccinations required for Russia unless coming directly from a Yellow Fever infected area. From our experience, the majority of travellers do not have any additional vaccinations beyond updating Tetanus and Polio if required.

However, your doctor is likely to err on the side of caution and recommend that you have the vaccinations listed below. That decision is, of course, up to you and it could be that there are aspects of your medical history which only your doctor knows and have been taken into account when giving you advise.

There is a reciprocal health agreement for medical treatment exists with the United Kingdom. In order to obtain treatment some proof of United Kingdom residence such as a UK passport will be required.


You don't have permission to register